How to Install a MocsPrint Printer on Your Personal Laptop
IMPORTANT - Check your COMPUTER NAME or HOST NAME: Before you install a printer, you should check your computer's host name to make sure it is unique and valid, otherwise your print jobs will be difficult to idenity at the MocsPrint PayStation.
For Apple OS X instructions, CLICK HERE.
For Windows instructions, CLICK HERE.
Before installing a network printer, make sure you are connected to the UTC network. If you are not connected, you will not be able to install a network printer.
- Once you install and choose your printer, proceed to that location to pay for and release your job using your Mocs Card. You have 2 hours to pay for and print your job before it is discarded. You will need to know your COMPUTER or HOST NAME to identify and release your print jobs.
MocsPrint Printer Installation Instructions for Windows
CLICK HERE IF YOU USE WINDOWS 7/Vista to run the Printer Install Utility. Click OPEN, or SAVE the file and run it.If for some reason you cannot use the printer install utility for Windows located here, try these instructions (some screens or icons may vary depending on your operating system):
- Open your Control Panel and double click to open the "Printer" window.
- Click "Add a printer."
- Click "Add a network, wireless, or Bluetooth printer."
- Click "The printer that I want isn't listed."
- Click "Select a shared printer by name," and enter \\goprint1.utc.edu\PRINTERQUEUE. Refer to the table below for the appropriate Printer Queue from the 3rd column. Type the queue name exactly as shown. Click "Next."
- After the printer is found, click on "Install driver."
- If a "User Account Control" window pops up click "Continue."
- Choose whether you want to set the printer as your "Default Printer" and click "Next."
- Click "Finish."
- You should now see the printer in
the "Printer" window.
MocsPrint Printer Install Instructions for Mac OS X
- Open the "System Preferences" window.
- Click on "Print & Fax."
- Click on the "+" sign on the left side of the window to add a printer.
- In your new window, select the "IP" print option.
- Set Protocol to "Line Printer Daemon - LPD."
- Set Address to the server IP to goprint1.utc.edu
- Set Queue to: the specific printer you want to print to. Refer to the Printer Queue Column in the table below. Enter the queue exactly as listed below.
- Set the Name and Location to something of your choosing to easily identify the printer.
- Set print using to "Generic PostScript Printer."
|Library 1st Floor Printer||Lupton Library||LIB1|
|Library 2nd Floor Printer||Lupton Library||LIB2|
|Library 2nd Floor Color Printer||Lupton Library||LIB2-color|
|Student Technology Center||University Center 124||UC124|
|Student Technology Center Color Printer||University Center 124||UC124-color|
|Art Department 1||Fine Arts Center 402 1||FAC412-bw 1|
|Chemistry Department||Grote 316||GRT316|
|College of Business||Fletcher 111||FLT111|
|Communications Department||Frist 202||FST202|
|Communications Department Color Printer||Frist 202||FST202-color|
|Disabilities Resource Center||Frist 105||FRIST105|
|Disabilities Resource Center||Frist 107||FRIST107|
|English Classroom||Holt 101||HLT101|
|English Classroom||Holt 205||HLT205|
|GIS Lab||EMCS 236||CECS236|
|Interior Design||Hunter 405||HTR405|
|Interior Design Color Printer 2||Hunter 405 2||HTR407-color 2|
|Music Department||Fine Arts Center 307||FAC307|
|School of Nursing||Metro 229||MET229|
|Physical Therapy & CRMJ||Davenport 228||DAV228|
|Psychology Department||Holt 302||HLT302|
|University Honors Lab||Guerry Center 202||UHONLab|
|UTeach||Collins Annex 101||COLLINS101|
|UTeach||Collins Annex 105||COLLINS105|
2 Print queue is labelled HTR407-color, but printer is located in Hunter 405 Interior Design Print Lab.
For assistance, please call the UTC Helpdesk at (423) 425-4000.