- Local off campus calling:
Dial 9 for an outside. You will not hear a dial tone; continue dialing your telephone number.
- Campus calling:
Dial the last four digits of the telephone number (ie., 1XXX, 2XXX, 3XXX, 4XXX, 5XXX, 8XXX)
- For Emergency: Dial 911 to reach Campus Police/Fire/Medical
Faculty and Staff
Many faculty and staff use D-term phones for assistance in using the phones visit the quick reference guide. There are several documents for using the phones that can be found on this page.
Visit the Reference page for information on UTC's phone system.
- All Calls -Dial *11 then the number to which you are forwarding all your calls to. [Dial #11 to cancel.]
- Busy - Dial *22 then the number to forward the call to if you are on your phone. [Dial #22 to cancel.]
- No answer -Dial *77 then the number to forward your calls to after 3 rings. [Dial #77 to cancel.]
Reporting Problems with Calling
For all problems associated with Phone issues on campus, please contact our Telecommunications Services Department
- By phone 425-4000
- Submit an IT request
Problems to report:
- Bad connections
- Unable to hear
It is very important that you call our office and report any trouble that you may be having. That way the technicians can run text immediately to track the trouble. Once the text are completed and the trouble call is verified, we can then credit your long distance account.
Reporting problems after 5pm:
Place a trouble ticket. Please include your name, UTCID, dormitory address, telephone number, long distant telephone number called, city code, country code, time the call took place, and a description of the problem.