What is Internet Phishing?
Phishing: The act of sending an e-mail to a user falsely claiming to be an established legitimate enterprise in an attempt to scam the user into surrendering private information that will be used for identity theft.
Things to watch for!
- Emails to confirm your user name and password
- PayPal to confirm your credit card information
- Financial institutions emailing to confirm your information
- Emails to confirm your social security number
- MySpace links
- View this video about you
- Join this Application and enter your password
What to do if you are Phished!
- Never click the links within the text of the email
- Delete the email immediately, after deleting the e-mail then empty the trash box in your e-mail client as well.
- You can report it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Is this email from the help desk? Learn how to recognize phishing emails.
For more information visit :