Voicemail is offered to students, faculty and staff. Voicemail is available for students on their dorm phones. There is no charge for voicemail.
Faculty and staff must request voicemail for their office phones. To request voicemal fill out the voicemail request form.
To set up your voice mailbox run the Setup Tutorial. The setup tutorial will be initiated the first time you access your mailbox. The tutorial will guide you through changing your password, recording your name, and recording a personal greeting. To begin the setup:
- Dial 1777 and follow the prompts
- Prompt for security code.
- Dial 0000
Numbers to get Started
- On Campus Voice Mail Number 1777
- Off Campus Voice Mail Number 425-1777
- Mail box number is your 4 digit extension
- Default Security code is 0000
- The # key is for help or access
- The * key is to exit
To turn your voice mailbox on you must set up your phone to call forward to the voice mail system.
- For voicemail to answer when no answer, lift handset and dial *77 1777.
- For voicemail to when phone is in use, lift handset and dial *22 1777 (This will turn off call waiting feature).
- To cancel voicemail, dial #77 or #22 respectively.
- From your phone, dial 1777, enter security code.
- Other campus phone (with voicemail), dial 1777, * ,#, mailbox number, security code .
- Other campus phone (without voicemail), dial 1777, #, mailbox number, security code.
- Off campus, dial 425- 1777, #, mailbox number, security code
- Mailbox number is 4 digit extension of your phone number
After mailbox is accessed
- Change message, 3132
- Change security code, 314
- Set up message reminder, 311
- For more options look at the voicemail diagram chart
Listening to messages
Once you have accessed your mailbox simply follow the prompts that the system gives you. You will be prompted at the end of every message to review, save, or delete. If you want to leave the message in the new messages box press 7 to skip to the next message or hang up the phone.
Where to get more information
- To report problems with the telephone call 4784
- To ask questions about voice mail call 5284
- To get more information check back regularly at http://itd.utc.edu